MANILA, Aug 17 (Mabuhay) — A Malacañang official on Wednesday acknowledged the decision of the Supreme Court (SC) to probe the judges linked by President Rodrigo Duterte to the illegal drug trade.
In a statement, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Secretary Martin Andanar took note of the high court’s control of all courts.
“We recognize the independence of the Supreme Court, which exercises administrative supervision and control of all courts, including power to discipline erring members of the judiciary,” Andanar said.
On Tuesday, the SC in a resolution urged Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Director General Isidro Lapeña to file complaints versus four alleged narco-judges: Exequil Dagala (MCTC, Dapa-Socorro, Surigao), Antonio Reyes (Baguio City, RTC branch 61), Adriano Savillo (Iloilo City, RTC branch 30), and Domingo Casiple (Kalibo, Aklan, RTC branch 7).
Earlier on Wednesday, Dela Rosa said they are still gathering evidence against the judges.
The SC’s fact-finding investigation will be handled by retired SC Justice Roberto Abad. (MNS)