MANILA, Aug 22 (Mabuhay) – Only the appointees of former President Benigno Aquino III have been ordered by President Rodrigo Duterte to leave their posts, presidential spokesman Secretary Ernesto Abella said on Monday.
“These are appointees from the past administration and [it] does not refer to current administration except those who have been made reference to,” Abella said in a press briefing in Malacañang.
“Heads of agencies who have tenure, they will be reviewed,” he added.
The clarification came after President Rodrigo Duterte in a news briefing on early Sunday morning announced that all presidential appointees should vacate their posts by Monday.
“Until now, in my provincial visits, I still here corruption being committed by people, especially in the regulatory agencies,” the President said.
But he particularly mentioned Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and Land Transportation Office (LTO), which he previously described as two of the most corrupt agencies in government.
Asked for his side, LTO chief Edgar Galvante earlier indicated that he was ready to leave once he received the President’s order. (MNS)