MANILA, Aug 22 (Mabuhay) – Two of the five high-ranking cops tagged in the illegal drug trade by President Rodrigo Duterte will soon be facing complaints to be filed by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
DILG Secretary Ismael “Mike” Sueno confirmed in a press briefing at Malacañang today that they will be filing complaints against Director Joel Pagdilao and Chief Superintendent Edgardo Tinio.
“For the two, maybe I can already mention, Generals Pagdilao and Tinio, we are ready with a prima facie case against them, which I will sign when I get back to my office,” he said.
He added, they are also in the process of “finalizing” evidence against Chief Superintendent Bernardo Diaz, who had been assigned in Region VI.
“It takes some time for us to gather evidences (sic) against General Diaz, but we are sure we have the goods against him, we have evidences (sic) against him,” he said.
Meanwhile, Sueno said they haven’t been able to come up yet with evidence for complaints against Chief Superintendent Vicente Loot (retired), who is now serving as a mayor in Cebu.
“But what we are doing is we are conducting a lifestyle check on him to find out that his assets are not proportionate to his income. That is our strategy,” he said.
He added, they have already lifted Loot’s supervision over the police and cancelled his license or permit to own guns and bodyguards.
Sueno said, the Philippine National Police Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP CIDG) will be filing complaints against former PNP Deputy Director-General Marcelo Garbo Jr. (retired) because he is neither in active duty as a police official nor is he an elected official.
President Rodrigo Duterte named the five generals for their alleged involvement in the drug trade in a speech last month. They have, however